zombi Forum Index
<  It's a western
Father Merrin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:06 am  Reply with quote
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

I've been watching a lot of zombie, sci fi and horror films recently, Rise of the Zombies, Assault of Precinct 13 (both versions) Zombie Apocalypse, Dark Knight Rises and more. Assault on Precinct 13 the original 1976 version though was so wonderfully bare a film that I suddenly understood where and when this passion for survival stories came from. Doesn't matter if it's Day of the Triffids or Day of the Dead, 28 Days Later on Assault on Precinct 13 I suddenly realised that before DVD's and videos when we had to watch old films not through choice I had my first indoctrination. I'm sure it's been said countless times but Assault on Precinct 13 showed it to me most clearly that I was watching the old western story of a fort under siege, doesn't matter if it's a shopping mall, a police station, high rise block, it is the Fort scene and instead of American Indians outside it's much more politically correct to have the villain as the undead, plants or wild psychopathic gangs that we don't have to pity at all.

In a way then all those John Ford movies and Spaghetti Westerns led me to survival films with out me even knowing.

www.whiskyroom.co.uk